Handcrafted Natural Shampoo and Conditioning Bars by Camamu
"I've completely stopped using liquid shampoos and conditioners. They are a waste of money, because ~80% of the bottle is water, and because it has water, its inevitably going to contain preservatives (you can't have water and not use preservatives in skincare products). Instead, I've switched to bar shampoos and conditioners. They work just as well as liquid products at cleaning my hair, but because they're more natural, I've actually noticed an improvement in my hair quality – my scalp is less dry, I have less dandruff, I'm losing less hair and my hair’s shiner! Plus, the bar format is wonderful because it saves plastic bottle waste, and I can easily travel with them so I don't have to use crappy hotel shampoos." - Jiying
Camamu Shampoo and Conditioner Bars | Happy Hair Burdock Shampoo Bar 4 oz, Good to the Earth Conditioning Bar 3 oz
- Features ingredients like burdock and babassu oil, that promote hair growth, elasticity, silkiness, and shine, and support a healthier scalp
- Moisturizing ingredients: made with food-grade olive oils, coconut and other natural plant oils
- Chemical-free / scalp friendly: no chemical detergents, preservatives, synthetic colors and perfumes, 100% natural
- Handmade in small batches, each bar takes 5 weeks from beginning to end, made with extreme attention to detail and quality control
- Happy Hair Burdock Shampoo Bar: mint, calendula, burdock
- Good to the Earth Conditioning Bar: cinnamon, chai, warm
- Happy Hair Burdock Shampoo bar: Olive, coconut, castor, shea butter, avocado, sweet almond, hemp seed and apricot kernel oils, organic burdock root, marshmallow, calendula flower, essential oil blend of spearmint, peppermint and lavender
- Good to the Earth Conditioner bar: Incroquat BTMS 50 (Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetyl Alcohol and Butylene Glycol)*, cocoa butter, babassu oil, cetyl alcohol, stearic acid, quaternized lemon protein, shea butter, quaternized honey, panthenol, hydrolyzed oat protein, Diheptyl Succinate (and) Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer (100% natural and biodegradable cyclomethicone and dimethicone alternative), cassia and chai tea. * yes, despite the hard-to-pronounce synthetic-sounding name, this is a natural conditioning and emulsifying agent made from the salt of rapeseed oil.
Origin: Portland, Oregon
- Shampoo bar: wet your hair and the bar, rub the bar across your hairline and hair until a lather forms, put the bar aside and scrub as usual. Comb through your hair to detangle a bit. Rinse thoroughly, especially make sure to take an extra minute rinsing out your scalp.
- Conditioning bar: After shampooing and rinsing your hair, wring it, and rub the conditioning bar from mid-shaft to the ends of the hair (bottom half, not scalp), or form a creamy lather in your hands and then apply it to the bottom half of your hair. Use a wide-tooth comb or fingers to distribute it evenly. Let sit for 2-3 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with water.
- Special note: I also rinse my hair twice a week using an apple cider vinegar rinse, which elongates the time between hair washings
Happy Hair Burdock Shampoo Bar
The more we learn about burdock root, the more we love it. Taken internally, it is a blood purifier that helps heal skin conditions from the inside out. Used in skin care products, it is healing to a wide range of issues - from acne to psoriasis, from dandruff to eczema. Used in hair care, burdock root is a hair tonic that increases the vitality of hair and scalp, decreases hair loss and reduces dandruff. An across-the-board anti-microbial and anti-fungal, it is useful against scalp inflammations or hairline pimples.
Our Happy Hair Burdock Shampoo is made using olive, coconut, castor, shea butter, avocado, sweet almond, hemp seed and apricot kernel oils. Infused with organic burdock root, marshmallow and calendula flower and scented with a scalp-tingling essential oil blend of spearmint, peppermint and lavender, this shampoo, pure and simple, will make you and your hair happy.
Small, light and easy to transport, our bar shampoos create no plastic bottle waste and make great traveling companions.
Good to the Earth Conditioning Bar
This conditioner bar is fully biodegradable and crafted with sustainable natural ingredients of the highest quality. And every purchase helps keep plastic out of the ocean!
Formulated with carefully chosen nourishing and conditioning plant-based ingredients, it replenishes your hair’s natural oils, improves elasticity, and leaves your hair deeply moisturized, silky, shiny, soft, and smooth. AND It melts into your hair, turns super-creamy, and smells delicious of cassia and chai tea. What a treat!
- Deeply moisturizing and conditioning
- Improves your hair’s elasticity, silkiness and shine
- Replenishes your hair’s natural oils