Basic Prenatal Multivitamin
"This is the prenatal multivitamin my Mom took when she was pregnant with my sister Sophie, the one my aunts took when they were pregnant with my cousins, and the one I now mail to my friends when they're preparing to have a baby or are pregnant." - Jiying
Thorne Basic Prenatal | 90 capsules
- A gentle and effective daily multi- for women who are trying to conceive, are pregnant, or are nursing.
- A well-researched multi- formulated to nourish mom and support baby’s development, from pre-conception through nursing.*
- It’s made without the additives and coatings found in mainstream prenatal supplements.
Suggested use: Take 3 capsules daily or as recommended by your health professional.
Pre-conception, pregnancy, and nursing are critical times to optimize a mother's health and nutrition, which is important for both for mom and baby. Overall nutritional and caloric needs greatly increase during this time. However, it is often difficult for a woman to fulfill her daily nutrient needs through diet alone.
Thorne’s Basic Prenatal is specifically formulated with the special needs of conception, pregnancy, and breastfeeding in mind.* Our formula contains well-absorbed, tissue-ready vitamins and minerals that are gentle on the stomach and non-constipating.*
Benefits of Thorne’s Basic Prenatal at each stage:
• Daily multi-vitamin/mineral support for a woman of childbearing age.
• Provides beneficial nutrients that are important from the moment of conception.
• Folate facilitates healthy brain and spinal cord development.* Basic Prenatal includes the bioactive form of folate – 5-MTHF.
• Vitamins C, B6, and K have been shown to benefit “morning sickness.”*
• Contains the well-absorbed and well-researched iron bisglycinate to meet a pregnant woman’s increased need for iron.
• Provides the extra nutrients needed for continued healthy fetal development and to prepare mom and baby for birth.*
After Pregnancy through Nursing
• Nutritional support for increased demand for calcium and vitamin D in the diet.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.